It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is the System z QM updater from 403 to 405 looking for repotools-qm.sh in etc instead of etc/rtcz405 ?

Scott Davis (1145) | asked Jan 16 '14, 8:12 a.m.
I am getting "CRJAZ2141E The script "/etc/repotools-qm.sh" does not exist." But why is it looking in etc ? It should be looking in etc/rtcz405 or maybe etc/rtcz405/qm. My variables look ok :
oldApplicationHome=/etc/rtcz403/
applicationContextRoot=qm
updateTomcatFiles=no
newApplicationHome=/etc/rtcz405/
newJTSHome=/etc/rtcz405/
oldApplicationVersion=4.0.3

Comments
Scott Davis commented Jan 16 '14, 8:30 a.m.

Follow on question. In the update script for QM as well as RM there is a variable
newApplicationHome=
Should that be the RTC home or should the applicxation belong to it like /etc/rtcz405/qm
or etc/rtcz405/rm or is etc/rtcz405 enough ?

One answer

permanent link
Bruce Green (30124) | answered Jan 16 '14, 9:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Scott - 

A few questions ...

By System z in this context, do you mean Linux on System z or z/OS?   Sounds like z/OS at first pass ... 
a) If z/OS, I assume you are submitting JCL to run the update?  Can you provide your source JCL and listing if so?
b) If Linux on System z, did you install via zip or IM?   Can you post a screen cap / logs so we can see the details?

It may be easier to open a work item at https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWelcome to attach the logs and such and you can @ tag me

Thanks - Bruce

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.