It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Integration with Infosphere Data Architect

LUIZ DE ALMEIDA (23016191) | asked Jan 06 '14, 8:46 a.m.
Hi All,

I'd like to know if is possible to integrate DM with Infosphere Data Architect.
Is there any material about this?

Thanks.

5 answers

permanent link
Francois-xavier Panaget (58914) | answered Jan 06 '14, 11:04 a.m.
Hi Luiz,

What integration level are you interested in?
What kind of information/artifact from IDA you want to import in DM?
You can integrate DM with IDA through RSA.
There is a LDM to UML transformation available which could be one option to bring into DM UML representations of your Logical Data Models.

PS:
There is a enhancement existing about migrating RSA integrations from file-based models to DM managed models

Regards,
François

Comments
LUIZ DE ALMEIDA commented Jan 06 '14, 2:32 p.m.

François,
I am new in DM, so i think that i could manipulate IDA models in DM as i do with RSA models.

But thank you for your answer...I will study more about DM.

permanent link
Dustan Daniel (3921823) | answered Jul 22 '14, 4:15 a.m.
The IDA 9.1 infocentre mentions this is possible, however I am yet to get this working. We are on DM 4.0.4 and IDA 9.1.1, I have no publish option, and am not able to connect to the DM server in the IDA preferences. Anyone know if there is a compatibility issue here / what am I missing?

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/dataarch/v9r1/topic/com.ibm.datatools.dm.integration.doc/topics/dm_clientadd.html

permanent link
Francois-xavier Panaget (58914) | answered Jul 22 '14, 4:58 a.m.
edited Jul 22 '14, 4:59 a.m.
Hi Daniel,

Please check that you have installed the Design Management Integration optional feature (under Lifecycle and Architecture Tool Integration) as shown in the following screenshot:

Install: DM integration optional feature
Regards,
François

Comments
Dustan Daniel commented Jul 22 '14, 5:25 a.m.

Hi Francois,

Yes I have that feature installed, however whenever I test the connection in IDA, message specificy host cannot be reached is returned. I have played around with network connections, e.g. set proxy bypasses etc to no avail. Was thinking it may be a compatibility issue with DM 404. Not sure tho.

I am currently trying to download DM 5.0 to setup on a test server to see if there is any difference.

Francois-xavier Panaget commented Jul 22 '14, 6:24 a.m.

Hi Daniel,

I have tried to connect from IDA 9.1.1 to a 4.0.5 and 5.0 DM server from the preferences page and it was successful.

Regarding the publish option, it should be available at the level of the model file in the Data project Explorer under the "Data Models" virtual folder.

As per the documentation the following models type can be published:

• DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows Physical data models
  • DB2 for z/OS Physical data models
  • Logical data models
  • Domain models
Regards,
François

Francois-xavier Panaget commented Jul 22 '14, 6:25 a.m.

Daniel,

Some additional information.

Note there are important steps which are, in my opinion, not very clear in the IDA infocenter.

You need to click on the "Publish IDA configuration to server" in order to be able afterwards to publish your IDA models to DM.
Once this is done, you need to add the IDA domains (present after the push of the IDA configuration) to your project.
Else it will never find a project to connect to and upload the models.

Finally, if the connection problem persist, you may want to engage the IDA support team.

Regards,
François

permanent link
Flaris Feller (11) | answered May 15 '15, 11:40 a.m.
 Hello all,

I'm facing the same problem. Everything is set but when trying to connect DM from IDA I receive the error message: "The specified host cannot be reached" 
I'm using IDA 9.1.2 - Windows and DM 5.0.2 - Linux.
Could you give me some advice?
Thanks in advance.

permanent link
Adolfo Brandao (60148) | answered May 29 '15, 3:12 p.m.
Hello Daniel and everybody else,

I am trying to solve the same problem where the "Test Connection" or "Publish IDA configuration" options result in "The specified host can not be reached." There is a team of people trying many different approaches like disabling firewall, managing ssh certificates, network connections and so on, but the problem seems to be more persistent than us. It's been a very frustrating process because it is consuming many many hours of work.

It seems to me that the call never leaves the local machine because the message comes up instantly.

Did any of you have any progress with this publishing?

Thanx in advance and best regards!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.