It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Install Birt in Ration Team Concert client met issue: A palette is not available.

Victoria Jing (1334) | asked Dec 26 '13, 2:02 a.m.

Hi, all

Just now I installed BIRT into my RTC client, BIRT version: 4.2.2(Juno - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno)RTC version, 4.0.4. however, after installation and switch to Report Design perspective. there shows message: A palette is not available. This also happens on Data explorer and Resource explorer.

Can anyone experience this before? How do you fixed this? thanks a lot.

Comments
Millard Ellingsworth commented Dec 31 '13, 2:49 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Are you using Windows? Is RTC client installed in Program Files? Even "running as administrator" I had difficulty getting BIRT installed and working (so I reinstalled RTC outside of Program Files and things improved). 

Victoria Jing commented Jan 02 '14, 2:25 a.m.

doesn't work for me.

reinstalled RTC Client outside Folder Program Files, same issue.

One answer

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Jan 03 '14, 12:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

RTC Server will only support rendering BIRT reports written using Eclipse 3.6.X and BIRT 2.6.X.

If you are trying to use BIRT for other purposes than reporting on RTC data, I would recommend using the prepackaged Eclipse Reporting download from eclipse.org.

Comments
Victoria Jing commented Jan 05 '14, 11:51 p.m.

Hi, Rafik,

you are a offical developer. Is this true that BIRT cannot be installed into RTC client 4.2 or later version?

How about Eclipse other(further) version ?

Ryan McBryde commented Jan 08 '14, 6:37 p.m.

I have just installed RTC ver 4.0.2 client after downloading the "CLM-Web-Installer-Win-4.0.2.zip" file from jazz.net.  I have not installed anything else; Eclipse, BIRT, or anything.  Just RTC 4.0.2.  I already have a repository up and running and have had it for a while.  I downloaded and installed RTC so that I could also install BIRT, so that I could author my own reports or customize existing ones and from what I could glean on jazz.net, this is what is needed to perform this function.

After installing RTC, I went to the Help->Available Software Sites and enabled "http://download.eclipse.org/releases/galileo".  ( I saw in some of the tech notes that I was supposed to see "ganymede" but it was not shown in my list of available sites and I could not find any instructions that say how to get to it.  After enabling I was able to select "Business Intelligence, Reporting and Charting", which selected everything underneath. (Framework, BIRT Documentation, etc.).  The only version listed was BIRT 2.5.2 v20090925*.

I am also getting the "palette is not available" message.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.