It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

have problems installing RTC Windows Shell Client in both 6.0.3 and 6.0.5

Stephen Woo (96110) | asked Apr 06 '18, 2:04 a.m.

I am trying to install the RTC Shell Client. Tried both the web installer for version 6.0.3 and 6.0.5. Both encountered an error message

The com.ibm.com.ibm.team.concert.winshell package specified in the C:\Users\skwoo1\Downloads\CLM-Web-Installer-Win-6.0.5\im\win32.win32.x86_64\install-windows-shell-client.xml file cannot be found.

The content of the .xml is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<agent-input clean='true' temporary='true' >
<server>
<repository location='https://jazz.net/downloads/clm/6.0.5/6.0.5/install-repository/clm-offerings/repository/repository.config' />
<repository location='.' temporary='true' />
</server>
<install>
<offering features='agent_core,agent_jre' id='com.ibm.cic.agent'/>
<offering id='com.ibm.com.ibm.team.concert.winshell'/>
</install>
</agent-input>

Comments
Donald Nong commented Apr 06 '18, 4:14 a.m.

Just a sanity check since you're using the web installer - can your machine connect to the internet?

Daniel Barbour commented Apr 06 '18, 2:52 p.m. | edited Apr 06 '18, 3:32 p.m.

I had no problems installing the shell clients (most recent experience was for 6.0.5 on a Windows 10 machine as well as on a machine with Windows Server 2012 R2).  But I can induce the error message you mention only if I cancel my login to the 'Jazz.net Community Site' when the 'Password Required' dialog pops up.

You might check to see if you have administrative privileges on the machine for which you are trying to install the applications and run the installer launchpad bat file 'as administrator'.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.