It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Requirement Composer app is not working after CLM 4.0.5 installation and configuration.

Tariq Ashraf (25917) | asked Dec 25 '13, 9:04 a.m.
edited Dec 25 '13, 9:08 a.m.

DB : DB2 9.7 Enterprise 64 bit

Application Server: WAS 8.0.7 64 bit

CLM: 4.0.5

I have successfully installed and configured the CLM 4.0.5 server, but when I started the server and open the RM application in browser. I found the following issue.

RTC and RQM applications are working fine but the problem is with Rational Requirement Composer app.

I have restarted the server but no luck. Does anybody knows what could be the problem?

Thanks & Regards,

Tariq Ashraf

Comments
Bas Bekker commented Dec 26 '13, 11:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Tariq, please look at the RM log file searching for the entry mentioned in the error message. You can find the log file at /server/logs/rm.log

Tariq Ashraf commented Dec 31 '13, 9:21 a.m. | edited Dec 31 '13, 9:22 a.m.

Hi Bas,

Thanks for your support. I have checked the log file but couldn't trace out the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Tariq Ashraf

One answer

permanent link
Tariq Ashraf (25917) | answered Dec 31 '13, 9:39 a.m.

I have found the solution for this issue.

Issue:

This issue will arise after installing a recent iFix released for WebSphere Application Server. When you try to access IBM Rational Requirements Composer or IBM Rational DOORS Next Generation, you see an error message similar to this.

An error has occurred while processing a server request. The server returned this error code: 500 .

When you expand the details section of the error message you will see the following Java exception:

com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.services.storedqueries.internal.model.StoredQueryQueryModel incompatible with java.lang.Comparable  

Workaround:

i) Stop the application server.   

ii) Uninstall the WAS updates iFix  IFPM98576 (Java SDK) using IBM installation manager because RRC and DNG are not yet compatible with that version of Java.

iii) Start the application server. Problem resolved.

Reference URL:  http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21657605

Regards,

Tariq Ashraf

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.