It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work item not found error in distributed SCM of RTC

Vivek Pandey (4321738) | asked Dec 23 '13, 11:45 a.m.
 Facing following error while trying to accept the change from remote stream to current stream in distributed SCM model.

any idea about following error ?

MESSAGE CRJAZ0215I The following record was not found in the database: com.ibm.team.scm.common.internal.impl.WorkspaceHandleImpl@64c864c8 (stateId: null, itemId: [UUID _WbnKYAeBEeK7C6NNWmSK6w], origin: com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository@33903390, immutable: <unset>)
!STACK 0
com.ibm.team.repository.common.ItemNotFoundException: CRJAZ0215I The following record was not found in the database: com.ibm.team.scm.common.internal.impl.WorkspaceHandleImpl@64c864c8 (stateId: null, itemId: [UUID _WbnKYAeBEeK7C6NNWmSK6w], origin: com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository@33903390, immutable: <unset>)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.internal.WorkspaceManager.getWorkspaceConnection(WorkspaceManager.java:824)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.snapshot.WorkspaceId.getConnection(WorkspaceId.java:62)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.snapshot.WorkspaceId.createSnapshot(WorkspaceId.java:36)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.snapshot.SnapshotId.getSnapshot(SnapshotId.java:55)
at com.ibm.team.internal.filesystem.ui.views.structuralchanges.StructuralChangesView$23.repositoryRun(StructuralChangesView.java:646)
at com.ibm.team.repository.rcp.ui.operations.RepositoryOperation.run(RepositoryOperation.java:43)
at com.ibm.team.repository.rcp.ui.operations.LoggedInRunner$QueuedOperation.run(LoggedInRunner.java:64)

The actual Error in process advisor is, missing work-item.
However work-item is very much accessible from any of the CCMs.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Dec 23 '13, 12:15 p.m.

I do not have the answer, but what RTC version are the two systems?

Vivek Pandey commented Dec 25 '13, 11:08 p.m.

Hi Sam,

I'm using 3.0.1.3 on both CCMs.

Another interesting things is, If I disable the process behavior "Change set requires attached work-item", the accept work fine from other CCM. So it looks to be some issue with workitem.

sam detweiler commented Dec 26 '13, 7:18 a.m.

you cannot link to workitems across CCM's.  so I would guess that is the problem.

2 answers

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k23677) | answered Dec 25 '13, 10:05 p.m.
Hi Vivek,

Verify the Workitem assoicated to the change set you are accepting, that workitem could be deleted.

1) use the Jazz admin acocunt to associate new workitem or accpet the changes.

In case if ur using 3.0.x.x version please refer the below link.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PM75755

Please let me know does it useful.

Regards,
Arun

Comments
Vivek Pandey commented Dec 25 '13, 11:06 p.m.

Hi Arun,

Thanks for the hint. However the change set already has work-item linked to it in original CCM.

I don't think , we need to re-link the work-item in 2nd CCM as well while delivering / accepting the remote change set.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Dec 26 '13, 12:18 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 26 '13, 12:19 p.m.
WRT the "missing work item" process error, in the Process Configuration for the project area that owns the stream, is the process Precondition actually named "Change set requires attached work-item" ?   In 4.0.5, that process Precondition is called "Descriptive Change Sets".  And in particular, you are given the choice of requiring that the change set have a "work item" link (which can only be used to connect a change set in one repository to a work item in the same repository), that the change set have a "change request" link (which can be used to connect a change set in one repository to a work item in a different repository), or either.   In your case, a "change request" link is being used (since the replicated change set will be linked to the work item in the original repository).   So one explanation would be that your process is requiring a "work item" link, when what you have is a "change request" link.

But I don't know what would be causing the "record not found in database" error.  Where did you get that stack trace from?   Was it in a pop-up error message when you tried to do the Accept, or was it in the Eclipse "Error Log" view?   If it is from the Error Log view, did you check the time stamp to verify it was an error from the Accept command?

Comments
Vivek Pandey commented Dec 29 '13, 9:52 p.m.

Thanks Geoff ! yes, I referred to "descriptive change set" process behavior only.

This error is indeed from Accept operation & also seen in.metadata/.log file. 
But the process advisor also display the same error message of  

com.ibm.team.repository.common.ItemNotFoundException: CRJAZ0215I The following record was not found in the database: com.ibm.team.scm.common.internal.impl.WorkspaceHandleImpl@64c864c8 (stateId: null, itemId: [UUID _WbnKYAeBEeK7C6NNWmSK6w], origin: com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository@33903390, immutable: <unset>)

Geoffrey Clemm commented Dec 30 '13, 1:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

What are you trying to accept ... a single change set, or a baseline that contains a number of change sets?   You'll want to narrow it down to a single change set that causes the error, and then navigate to the work item associated with that change set, to see if there is anything unusual about that work item.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.