It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

silent install rtc 3.0.1 linux, help!

sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | asked Dec 13 '13, 4:37 p.m.
I need to move a team from 3.0.1 to 4.0.4, source, workitems, plans.
workitems i've got, plans and iterations I am working on.
source.. I need to do Distr SCM, but the two versions do not work together..

I cannot upgrade the existing production 3.0.1 system, so I must replicate to a sandbox 3.0.1,
upgrade THAT and then distributed SCM move the source again.

but.. in our environment, a 'dev' box cannot talk OUT to a production machine, so Distributed SCM doesn't work.
I also cannot put a windows box in the landscape, so I have to use a linux platform.. and no gui..

so I cannot figure out which repo to use for the commandline install (userinst) there are two calm and jfs_calm.

the instructions http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_command-line_installation.html
don't match the bundles..

also, the linux box has no external internet connection, so I can't use any web installer style approach.
I have a week to finish all this, and we've spent 3 days already.

anyone have any clear instructions on how to get 3.0.1 clm bundle installed on linux via silent install?

2 answers

permanent link
Ryan Ruscett (1.0k413) | answered Dec 17 '13, 8:50 a.m.
Hello,

Here is the syntax for install silently using a response file.

./imcl input response_file_path_and_name -log log_file_path_and_name -acceptLicense

This requires a response file. You will need to have all the media located on the Linux box.

I would create a manual response file. Here is a link on how to do that.

Manual Response File

In the event you want to install IM and your packages all at once. I have provided the link for that too.
IM and Packages

I would typically get a response file by using IM in record mode. If this is not an option for you. Creating a Manual Response file may be your best bet. Especially if there are multiple packages to be installed.

Here is a link to a sample response file that you can use to start with. It also discusses all the parameters etc.

Example Response File

permanent link
Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | answered Dec 17 '13, 10:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you want to do a silent install you need to download both the Jazz Team Server Web Installer and the Jazz Team Server Installation Manager Repository.
The Web installer is for IM and the preconfigured response files. The IM repository is for the actual installation media.

Unzip both and then edit the following line in the silent-install-server.xml
        <repository location='..\repo' temporary='true' />
Change '..\repo' to point to the location of the top level repository.config file in the IM repository.
The silent-install-server.xml will be in RTC-Web-Installer-Win-3.0.1\im\<os> directory.

Be sure to read the comments in the silent-install-server.xml for more information.

The process is designed to create directory structure can be safely zipped and moved to run the server from another filesystem path. On the same server or on a different one provided it is the same OS

You can change the installLocation path in the silent-install-server.xml file to point to the correct location if you choose.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.