It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

project area without timeline

omar pimentel (352024) | asked Dec 11 '13, 9:13 a.m.

Hello,

I have worked with agile projects where defining Timelines, Releases and iterations is very important, but now I work for a company with a simple structure and a very basic development cycle, and I do not want to complicate them by adding elements that do not add value to them. They got no ALM, now I am introducing JTS.

Is strictly necessary to create timeline, realeases and iterations in RTC?. what is the most simple structure?

Note: Right now I have defined a Timeline for projects and mainteinance development.

Thanks for clearing my doubts.

Comments
omar pimentel commented Dec 11 '13, 9:42 a.m.

The Project Area is defined as "Formal Project".

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sumant Renukarya (1.1k23339) | answered Dec 11 '13, 11:10 a.m.
Hi Omar

When you create a project area, it has a default timeline. You can add timelines and a hierarchy of iterations within timelines, which means it's not mandatory to create timelines n iterations. It is based on the organizational development needs. 

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.jazz.platform.doc/topics/c_creating_timelines_iterations_iteration_types.html&scope=null

These elements support the development cycle flow used (i.e waterfall or agile). 

omar pimentel selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.