It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

workitem import fails 'comparison method violates its general contract' (say what?!)

sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | asked Dec 10 '13, 2:42 p.m.

we are trying to move some workitems from 3.0.1.3 to 4.0.4 the expoirt works fine, but import fails with the above error.  search found nothing..

we reduced the exported columns to the default minimum, and the csv shows the rigth format (comman separated).

(that error message isn't too helpful tho! this error is from eclipse with 3.0.1.3 p2 installed

3 answers

permanent link
Glenn Bardwell (58621527) | answered Dec 10 '13, 3:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8327514/comparison-method-violates-its-general-contract goes into detail about why this would happen. That's not the sort of message that should have made its way to the user interface. If you have log files that capture the stack where this happened, we might be able to figure out what's going on. It looks like a defect.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Dec 10 '13, 4:02 p.m.

I don't see any stack trace or any client side log. do I need to turn it on? (guidance welcomed).

I think I understood the overall meaning of the message, just not the source.

it seems unrelated to the actual data.

permanent link
Glenn Bardwell (58621527) | answered Dec 11 '13, 3:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The log file .log should be in the directory <your workspace directory>/.metadata . If this error is coming from the client side, the error message should be in this log. Let me know if you see it.

permanent link
Glenn Bardwell (58621527) | answered Dec 11 '13, 3:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The formatting isn't what I expected <your workspace directory>  (e.g. c:\workspaces\myworkspace)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.