It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Client via Citrix

Aziz Alsharafi (134) | asked Dec 09 '13, 2:35 a.m.
edited Dec 09 '13, 5:43 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103)
Hello All,

Can we get the same scenario using RTC Client as we are moving from CC to RTC for SCM

Existing Setup
In the current setup, clearcase client is published in citrix and no clearcase client installation is done on users’ PC as there is  no local storage.

CC administrstor  creates one dynamic view and users are advised to add view shortcut to access various views
, we don't need to create any workspaces for users.1

Can the same be achieved via RTC client or RTC Shell client.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Dec 13 '13, 6:19 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm not quite sure what is being asked, but I'll try to answer some of the possible questions:

If the question is "Can we use Citrix to access RTC clients installed on a Citrix server" (so that no local installation of an RTC client is required), then the answer to this question is "yes" (I know of several high security customers doing so).

If the question is whether a view (which in RTC is called a "sandbox") can be created ahead of time for users, so they don't have to create their own, in a Citrix environment, the answer is "yes". 

if the question is whether RTC supports dynamic views, the answer is "no".  

I'm not sure where the one administrator created dynamic view comes in, or the view shortcuts.

Comments
Arun K Sriramaiah commented May 23 '16, 5:56 a.m. | edited May 23 '16, 5:59 a.m.

Hi Geoffrey,

I see that its not supported from below planned items, Virtualize RTC eclipse client with Citrix XenApp 7.6.

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=90442

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Collaborative%20ALM#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=114084

Based on your above note that many security customers are using citrix to access RTC client.

Please share any other information and possible way of achieving it.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 05 '16, 1:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

it is true that Citrix is not an officially supported platform, but the RTC Eclipse client is just Eclipse with an RTC plug-in loaded, and Eclipse is widely used on Citrix, so there is no reason for the RTC Eclipse client to have any problem when used with Citrix.   If anyone has had any problems using the RTC Eclipse client via Citrix, please post to this thread.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.