It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Getting OLEs and/or images from RRC - DOORS Next Generation

Kevin Murphy (9621317) | asked Dec 05 '13, 5:49 p.m.

In RPE, if an artifact contains an image/OLE, the image/OLE does not get exported into my report. What's the trick to doing this? (And yes, I know to refresh fields and stuff in Word...)

BTW, I asked this question in the RPE Forum on Developerworks but I figured I'd crosspost here for visibility.

3 answers

permanent link
Kevin Murphy (9621317) | answered Dec 12 '13, 7:09 p.m.
 Let me be more specific.

I am trying to create a report based on a view in a module. Looking at the printModuleBook.dta file that comes with RRC, the main data source that is used is called "views".

According to this page, for a custom RRDG report, your data source must be named after your URI. Quote:
A data source name must be the same as the service that it is used by in the report template. For example, if the data source name is resources, it will be configured with the URL as follows: https://server:port/rm/publish/resources?resourceURI=artifactURIList.
The main data source is named "views"...but there seems to be nothing in the reportable API documentation that mentions views from a module (only views from a project)...

Thus, my question is, what is the format of the URI to give me a view of a module? Passing a moduleURI in does not give me "fields" to report on in RPE, thus I still cannot get images out of RPE/RRDG.

Thanks so much!!

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Dec 06 '13, 12:03 p.m.
You can try using RPE elements (Image / Include File) based on dataSource/artifact/fields/field/value/type.

permanent link
Kevin Murphy (9621317) | answered Dec 11 '13, 1:47 p.m.
Subramanya,

Under dataSource/artifact, I don't have a fields node...got any ideas?

Kevin

Comments
Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Dec 12 '13, 7:07 a.m.

You can refer to OOTB template printModuleBook.dta which comes with RRC.

Kevin Murphy commented Dec 12 '13, 5:09 p.m.

Sub,

This is a great start and I have indeed done just that. The problem now is testing this with a .dsx file before deploying changes.

How do I determine the URI to use in the views datasource? using rm/publish/resources?moduleURI=<id> doesn't do it. Neither does rm/publish/resources/<id>&filterId=<id> (which is the permalink to the view).

Thanks for your help!
Kevin

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.