It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRDI doesn't support enumeration_list in RTC 4.0.4

Wendy Murphy (1512633) | asked Dec 05 '13, 6:25 a.m.

Creating reports in RTC 4.0.4 using RRDI, I am unable to access or place an enumeration_list field. Enumeration_list fields were introduced in 4.x to allow for multi select options in a form. We utilize the enumeration_list to add customers to work items. The field is not accessible in the RRDI Report Studio. I have gone under Operation Data --> Request--> and gone through all the available string and enumeration options. I can find customer_list which is the field created as a enumeration_list under however, when I select the name values they show up as literal.s9 etc not the Customer name that resides in the eunumeration field.

I am unable to design a report that allows prompting to select A customer(s) from a list or create a report that references the customer list field to produce customer focused reports. It appears that enumeration_list is not supported in RRDI this is a huge problem any ideas or options to fix this?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Dec 05 '13, 6:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please consider writing a PMR or defect. The defect can be submitted here: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWelcome

Wendy Murphy commented Dec 05 '13, 7:29 a.m.

I have submitted defect and PMR 10052,L6Q,000. I was hoping for some support and resolution for this. The enumeration_list was an introduced function that changed multiselection fields from 3.x to 4.x in RTC. If this was introduced by IBM it should have been fully implemented to support the associated tools. There are outstanding issues with enumeration_list fields in general in RTC that have open defects. Changing functionality should not cause regression in utlizing the tool. This change has had significant impact on our production roll out of RTC and continues to plague our adoption of the product.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.