It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there away to automatically map requirements to test cases while uploading test cases through excel importer plug in ?

Arunkumar Ammini (312) | asked Dec 04 '13, 4:29 p.m.

Is there away to automatically map requirements to test cases? Right now we are mapping requirements to test cases manually and it takes huge time as we have more than 4000 test cases . I saw there is some feature in RQMExcelimporter plugin 4.0.1 or above. Can some one help me please on how to handle this when uploading  test cases .

Accepted answer

permanent link
ma chi (3111) | answered Dec 09 '13, 3:24 a.m.

Clicking on the menu option ‘RQM > Export to Repository’ and check the "Linking to existing RM requirement" check box.

ExcelImporterLinkingToRMrequirement.png

press "Export" button, then "RM login information" dialog will display, input the correct RM server information then press "Export", the following Requirement links dialog will display.

1. "RQM test artifact" list will list all the testcases and testplans that created from the excel file.

2. "Search Box" provides a search function either by requirement id or text contained in the requirement title.

3. "Requirement and requirement collection check box" - when "Show requirement" is checked only requirement artifact will be listed, and when "Show requirement collection" is checked, only requirement collection will be listed, and when testcase in "RQM test artifact" list is selected, the default list will be requirement, and when testplan in "RQM test artifact" list is selected the requirement collection will listed by default.

4. "Requirement / requirement collection list" will list the requirements that in the search result, if no text is entered in the search box, all requirements will list by default.

5. "Add" button, will add requirement to the "Linked RM requirement artifact" list, before pressing "Add" button, one test artifact must be selected, and one or more requirement must be selected, and the selected requirements will be associcated with the test artifact selected.

6. "linked RM requirement artifact list" will list the associated requirement artifacts with the test artifact selected. 

7. "Remove" button, will remove the requirement artifact from the "linked RM requirement artifact list".

there are some restrictions, e.g. requirement should not be added to testplan, and requirement collections should not be added to testcase, and one requirement should not be added to test artifact more than once, and and press "Add" button, one test artifact must be selected and one or more requirement artifacts must be selected.

If the restriction is not met, then error message will display.

one or more requirement artifacts can be associcated with one test artifact.

Arunkumar Ammini selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Arunkumar Ammini commented Dec 10 '13, 1:24 p.m.

Thanks  a lot Ma Chi  on supporting me on this .As you mentioned her , I clicked on export button after selecting “Linking to existing RM requirement” but  I am not getting the screen which you have given here . Below is the screen which is displayed for me

PFB  below are the  steps which I am following

Arunkumar Ammini commented Dec 10 '13, 1:27 p.m.

1.    Test cases and requirements are completed on Excel format (Same sheet ). These are newly created test cases and requirements are available in Requisite pro. I have mapped all the requirements to an existing test plan by using option given in the “Requirement section” of test plan manually .(Not sure this is required )2)    Now going to Excel and click on Export to Repository option .I got Model widow  as usual

Arunkumar Ammini commented Dec 10 '13, 1:28 p.m.

1.    Entered login credentials , Project  , “Linking to existing RM requirement” option  and click on Export button

2.    I got a window as below , Here I cannot enter anything except login credentials

Arunkumar Ammini commented Dec 10 '13, 1:33 p.m.

Not Able to place screen shot ..

Arunkumar Ammini commented Dec 10 '13, 1:33 p.m. | edited Dec 10 '13, 1:34 p.m.

Should I Need any specific access on RM? Or the way I am trying is wrong ?.. Please help me on this

Ara Masrof commented Dec 10 '13, 1:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Arunkumar,

For clarification, are your existing requirements in Requisite Pro or in RM?
The scenario that Ma Chi has outlined would assume you have existing requirements in your RM project area, not ReqPro

Ara

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

3 other answers

permanent link
ma chi (3111) | answered Dec 05 '13, 12:56 a.m.
 hi ,

Is your test cases and requirements all existing in RQM or new created?

Comments
Arunkumar Ammini commented Dec 06 '13, 4:10 p.m. | edited Dec 06 '13, 4:12 p.m.

Hi ,

My requirements are already  mapped from Requisite Pro to RQM  and test cases are new which are yet to be uploaded to RQM .

Looking forward for a solution  

permanent link
ma chi (3111) | answered Dec 09 '13, 3:31 a.m.
If you don't know how wright .cfg file, you can find find some examples here C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\RQMExcelImporter\Samples.

permanent link
Antoinette Iacobo (650712) | answered Dec 09 '13, 9:15 a.m.
 Hi Arun,

Take a look at this InfoCenter Topic:  Reconciling test plan requirement collections with requirements in RequisitePro requirement views and packages under Developing Test Plans > Linking to Requirements Collections > Reconciling Test Plans with requirements in Rational RequisitePro.  When doing this, you can generate new requirements and generate new test cases for those requirements.  After you do the TP-Collection association, the reconcile option allows you to generate test cases for the selected requirements.  That should help minimize any manual work.

Toni

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.