It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to create Test Suite Record in a Test Plan

Donat Hutter (2153239) | asked Dec 04 '13, 10:53 a.m.
RQM 4.0.3:
In the Test Suites section of a Test Plan I see 2 options to create TSER's:

1) "Run" icon: this creates automatically a TSER (with Environment "unassigned" = ok for me).
This does not work if there is already exists a TSER in another plan. The "Test Plan" field in the TSER can not be changed.

2) "Generate Execution Record" icon where I can explicitly create a TSER. But here I cannot proceed with "unassigned" Environment. I have at least to create a dummy environment.

Bug or intended? If intended, why?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Vidya Malkarnekar (1.0k15) | answered Dec 04 '13, 12:24 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 For part 1 --In terms of the Test Plan field being grayed out on the run suite dialog, that's because by default if a TSER already exist then this dialog will be focus on it.  As opposed to "New TSER".  Since you can't change that information in the existing TSER, those fields are grayed out. See  https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=65647

For part 2,   "Generate Execution Record" does  currently need "Environment"  to be selected. There is a RFE for Test Case Execution Record -- https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=51551.
You can either add to it  or create a new one TSER.
Donat Hutter selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Donat Hutter commented Dec 05 '13, 3:33 a.m.

I got it:

I wasn't aware of the following fact, if creating/running an Execution Record from within a plan, you never have the option to select another plan.

... and hopefully enhancement 51551 will be tackled in the near future. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.