It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What does Reordering Required mean?

Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | asked Nov 25 '13, 10:48 a.m.
edited Nov 25 '13, 10:48 a.m.
We are getting the following message occasionally when delivering:

What is the scenario that leads to this message and what are the consequences? The delivery seems to be successful, but I'm concerned about the impact on the workspace.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Nov 25 '13, 12:46 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It looks like the warning message needs to be updated to say "it may produce conflicts in your workspace".   But in any case, you should not have to be concerned when you get this message (you will never lose any of your change sets).   In the worst case, it will result in conflicts in this workspace, which you will need to resolve before you can deliver.  If you ever encounter a case where the conflicts occur but are not trivial to resolve, please follow-up.
Piotr Aniola selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Piotr Aniola commented Dec 02 '13, 6:13 a.m.

Geoffrey, thanks for the explanation.
Could you please let me know what is the scenario with which this message can been reproduced?
Also, what exactly does it mean that the conflicts are trivial to resolve?

Geoffrey Clemm commented Dec 02 '13, 10:19 a.m. | edited Dec 02 '13, 10:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

For reproducing the situation that causes this message, I'll have to defer to the RTC SCM dev team.   As to what it means that the conflicts are trivial to resolve ... in my experience, the two contributors to the merge will have the same content, so you can just select "auto-resolve" to resolve the conflicts.

Piotr Aniola commented Dec 02 '13, 10:33 a.m.

thank you, although I'm confused now.
If the two sides of the conflict have the same content, why is there a conflict in the first place?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.