It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Windows shell: New created files are shown as dilvered - why?

marco Kaiser (2311313) | asked Nov 13 '13, 4:53 a.m.
Ho community,

with the windows shell I got the problem that in one sandbox files which I recently created are shown instantly as already checked-in (orange icon) rather than to be delivered (black arrow).

As workaround I created a new sandbox for my repository, copied my changed files from the first sandbox --> I got the changes as to be delivered.

What could the problem be?

Environment:
RTC Windows Shell client 4.0.3
Server 4.0.4

Marco

Comments
Piotr Aniola commented Nov 13 '13, 7:03 a.m.

Can you share a screenshot of how your original sandbox looked like?
Please note that the shell client as of version 4.0.3, features auto-checkin functionality in basic mode:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RTCShellSourceControlBasicMode#Auto_Check_in_disabled_in_advanc
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RTCShellSourceControlBasicMode#Deliver_changes_to_team

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Nov 13 '13, 7:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Marco,

I don't have first hand experience with the shell client, but hopefully I can help anyway.  I think we have a terminology confusion.  Files that have already been checked-in are files that are ready to be delivered.  I'm guessing there is one color arrow for files that have not yet been checked in and a different color arrow for files that have been checked in and are ready to be delivered.

3 answers

permanent link
Sreerupa Sen (1.0k4) | answered Nov 14 '13, 7:32 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Marco,
    What are you preferences set to? Auto check-in? You can see your check in preferences in the control panel at Rational Team Concert Shell Control Panel->Manage Preferences->Check-in Policies. Only if it's set to auto check in will your changes have the black arrow soon as you create files/change files. Otherwise they should have a yellow icon that indicates Unresolved. 
    If you're seeing neither, then please log a defect on jazz.net (the help section in the control panel has a button that lets you log a defect easily), please set your trace level to Info or Verbose (via Manage Preferences->Other Preferences) and attach your trace file to the work item (The help section has a link for saving your logs).
Cheers
--Rupa

Comments
Sreerupa Sen commented Nov 14 '13, 7:33 a.m. | edited Nov 14 '13, 8:41 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Also, try right clicking on a file that has the orange icon and selecting Pending Changes Status. What does that show you?

Cheers
--Rupa
RTC Client Integrations

permanent link
marco Kaiser (2311313) | answered Nov 14 '13, 9:52 a.m.
Hi guys,

thanks for your advise.
I checked that the auto check-in is disable and that the file is really shown as delivered... even though that the file can't be delivered since I didn't check-in neither delivered it.

The file will get the the symbol for delivered and will be shown as delivered and won't appear in the pending changes view when I create it from scratch. What I will get is an error when I try to open the repository file or show the history of the file.

I'll provide you whit an screen shot as soon as possible, because this this happend at a computer, I don't have access to this week.

Greetings Marco

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Nov 14 '13, 9:56 a.m.
If this is the case I can recommend to open a defect record on jazz.net or a PMR with IBM Support if you have a support contract.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.