It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Issue in Build forge Installation

Naveen Tyagi (19778152) | asked Mar 14 '16, 7:22 a.m.
I have been trying to install the build forge for exploration but facing issue. I have download the bf_80030_0076-full.zip from jazz.net and added the repository file in install manager but not able to proceed after this step since not enabling install option. can anyone let me know about the step i am missing ?.

in the JDBC location i have given the path of the folder contains db2jcc.jar and db2jcc.license.cu.jar. Thanks in advance. I have also install build forge but don't know if that will help in any possible way.

2 answers

permanent link
Pritesh Patel (12246) | answered Mar 14 '16, 12:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Naveen,

I'm not sure if you have already tried this, but if you scroll further down in the dialog, you should see a "Test Connection" button. You have to click that button to ensure that a valid connection can be made. If there is a valid connection to your database, then the "Install" button will be enabled. If there is no valid connection, then an error will be displayed. 

One of the most common issues are related to the DB2 database client drivers. Either they are not installed or you have not installed the 32 bit client drivers. You must have the 32 bit client drivers installed

Let me know if the above helps, if there are further issues then please let me know the following:

1. the exact version of DB2 installed? 
2. What is the message that you get upon clicking the "Test Connection" button?
3. Is everything installed on one machine or are the different components distributed? If distributed, please provide a brief topology description, outlining the OS versions of the different servers.

Many thanks,
Pritesh...

Comments
Naveen Tyagi commented Mar 14 '16, 11:49 p.m.

Hi Patel,
Do i need to install database[any of the mentioned in the database type list in snapshot] separately from build forge and that too before installing the BF so that i can give give the database directory path here shown in that snapshot.?  I though Build forge will install database if required. 

permanent link
Pritesh Patel (12246) | answered Mar 15 '16, 12:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Naveen,

Thanks for commenting on the response I sent you. I wanted to provide further details to your questions. 

Yes, you will need to install a database (as supported and listed in the dialog), prior to installing BF. As part of the BF install, it does not install the database. 

Once you install the database (e.g. DB2), you can then gather the DB details that the BF install needs. The type of information that is needed for the BF install, e.g. for DB2, is outlined here:

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSB2MV_8.0.0/com.ibm.rational.buildforge.doc/topics/preinst_db_db2_db_info_needed.html?lang=en

I hope that this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Many thanks,

Pritesh...

Comments
Naveen Tyagi commented Mar 15 '16, 1:04 a.m.

You know what, i hate this life. Let me first install DB2 now and follow the steps. hope it will work. Thanks for Help. :) :)

Naveen Tyagi commented Mar 15 '16, 5:42 a.m.

I have installed but still getting same issue.  i have not idea which particular directory i need to locate for "Jdbc driver location" and what about the jar files it is asking for, db2jcc.jar and db2jcc.license.cu.jar ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.