It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Design Manager install (4.0.4) - missing vvc bits

Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | asked Nov 06 '13, 8:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

We have been installing Design Manager, first into an existing CLM instance (v4.0.4) and now from scratch.  In both cases, once the IM install has completed, we do not see the vvc apps in the Tomcat webapps directory, and the jts/setup fails complaining if cannot find vvc.

This seems to be machine specific - as it works on my machine as a clean install.  The only difference I can think of is  the machine with a problem has RSA v9 on it.

Any ideas

many thanks

anthony

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jas Atwal (16111) | answered Nov 06 '13, 10:00 a.m.
Hi Anthony

You will find that if the vvc.war file is not located within the \tomcat\webapps folder, then neither will the vvc folder reside there and neither will there be a vvc folder under C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf.

The crux of the matter is that you need to install Configuration Management via Installation Manager, this installs the vvc folders and war files etc.  Thus, not only do you need to install Design Management for IBM Rational Software Architect but you also need to install Configuration Management (this is not Change and Configuration Management)

I hope this helps resolve your installation issue ;-)

Any issues, give me a shout :-D

Best Regards
Jas

Anthony Kesterton selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Anthony Kesterton commented Nov 06 '13, 10:05 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Ah - the dangers of seeing half the screen when doing a screenshare :-)

Glad you found the solution.

anthony

Francois-xavier Panaget commented Nov 06 '13, 10:19 a.m.

Hi Anthony,

While you are verifying the installation with IBM Installation Manager make sure that you install as well "IBM Rational Software Architect Extension for Design Management Domain Extension Application Version 4.0.4 (4.0.4000.RSADM404-I20130805_2246) ".

François-xavier

One other answer

permanent link
Francois-xavier Panaget (58914) | answered Nov 06 '13, 8:37 a.m.
Hi Anthony,

I do not believe that having RSA 9.0 should have an influence here. I have DM 4.0.4 on my machine with RSA 9.0 and I do not see that problem.
You said you do not see the vvc app under the Tomcat webapps but do you see the vvc folder under C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf
Additionally, if you look at the installed package information under Start->All Programs -> IBM Installation Manager-> View installed packages (under windows 7 it points to file: C:\ProgramData\IBM\Installation Manager\installed.xml).
You should see, under the IBM Collaborative Lifecycle Management installation package, the entry saying:
Configuration Management package Version 4.0.4 (4.0.4000.VVC404-I20130805_2157)

Regards,
François-xaiver

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.