It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to reconfigure rft adapters on virutal machines to distinguish them?

igor lyubin (131518) | asked Nov 01 '13, 9:59 a.m.
edited Nov 01 '13, 10:01 a.m.
 Hi all! We have deployed 2 virtual machines and have installed rft on them with RQMadapters. But when we looked at the adapter console in the quality manager (on jts) we found that QM doesn't distinguish machines! We started "sysrep" application to reconfigure windows. It worked well and most of our soft needed to be reconfigured. But not RFT. 

My question is how to reconfigure rft and especially rdt adapter? I tried to update license in the rft and run configureadapter.bat at \IBM\SDP\FunctionalTester\RqmAdapter, but it didn't help. My final goal is to make QM distinguish these machines.

We use jts 4.0.1, Vmware server and windows 7.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Deepa Doraswamy (4712) | answered Nov 05 '13, 3:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi igor,
The steps to reconfigure the RFT adapter are in the diagnosing the problem section in the article http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21469371 .

Depending on the version of RFT, in the later versions the files that need to be backed up and deleted are  rqmadapterV2.ini and RQMAdapterOptions.pref. You can do a search for them if you don't find them in the locations mentioned in the article since this could vary based on the operating system version.

Thanks,
Deepa

igor lyubin selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13344) | answered Nov 05 '13, 3:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 05 '13, 3:21 a.m.
Hello Igor Lyubin, I understand that you have 2 machines with RFT adapter on it and RQM needs to be able to see both the adapters as unique.

In general the adapters take a name "Adapter Name" during configuration, which can be edited, this field can be used to help differentiate the adpaters in RQM view. Here is a document with snapshots on RFT - RQM integration setup which might be of help!

Do let me know if you have any questions on this..

Best Regards, Sunil

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.