It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to Export 2 different file content with one config file in excel word importer

Aparna Sukumaran (333660) | asked Oct 24 '13, 3:25 p.m.
edited Oct 25 '13, 12:17 p.m.
 I'm trying the following scenarios and want to know if this can be done
   1.Is there a way to Export 2 different file content with one config file in excel word importer
        eg: I have Tescases in one doc and Test scripts in one doc and want to Export them with the Test case test script linking.

or
2. If we upload the Test cases first and then Upload the Test scripts can we do the Test cases to test scripts mapping
   with Test cases already exist in RQM server and Test scripts been added through the Excel file.

I tried to link Test cases with Test plan in RQM but this didn't work.

cfg file:
// Start looking for test cases after row 3
testcase.XLSStartRow=3

testcase.dc:title=B
testcase.dc:description=C

testcase.testplan=Link(E)

testcase.XLSDelimeter=\n

EXCEL file:

It will be helpful if there are any sample files for reference.

Accepted answer

permanent link
ma chi (3111) | answered Nov 20 '13, 9:22 p.m.
 hi, 1. we can't import tow word docs at one time. I think you can write it in the excel file, and then export it to RQM.
      2.There are many ways to create link, according to your config file, i think you should write like this:testplan.XLSArtifactID=E.
      3.we can support link new testscripts to existing testcases.for example:
LinkExisting() modifier -  indicates a reference to the master test artifacts, content is the external/internal id or the excel cell/column that stores the external/internal id of the master artifact on RQM server.
i.e.
testplan links with testcase, then test  plan is master artifact and testcase is sub/child artifact.
test case link with test script, then test case is master test artifact, and test script is child artifact.
test suite link with test case, then test suite is master test artifact, and test case is child artifact.

the LinkExisting modifier only deals with the support for linking master artifact and the artifact must exist on the RQM server side first.
the syntax will be
testcase.testplan=LinkExisting("testplanid"), testplanid1 is the external/internal id of the test plan on RQM server.
testscript.testcase=LinkExisting(E1)
testcase.testsuite=LinkExisting(F) 

4.If you still have problems,you can send me the email machibj@cn.ibm.com.I will give some examples.
Aparna Sukumaran selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.