It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[RTC] How to restrict Close Workitem transition to Creator or Owner of the workitem

Priya Darshini (1122) | asked Oct 24 '13, 9:10 a.m.
We need to restrict certain workflow actions to the workitem creator or the current owner. We have already checked the Permissions and see that these are applicable only to the roles.

Ideally, we would like to avoid having to code and try to use the built-in feature.

Would appreciate any suggestions on how this scenario may be achieved.

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 24 '13, 9:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I believe you would have to write your own custom pre-condition to handle this.
There is a work item to provide this functionality:  Add special "owner" and "creator" roles, that specifies what the "owner" and "creator" respectively of an object can do to the object (88779)
Please feel free to add a comment to this work item indicating your interest/support.

permanent link
Priya Darshini (1122) | answered Oct 25 '13, 1:05 a.m.
Hi Geoffrey,

Thanks for the link. I have written a comment there indicating my support.

Since custom pre-condition seems to be the only way to go, we gave this a try too.

However, we  seem to have hot a road block with retrieving the currently logged in users id/name using Javascript. Any ideas?

Regards,
Priya

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 25 '13, 3:10 a.m.

You have to write a Java Based precondition/Adviser. Javascript is too limited for what you try to do.

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 25 '13, 3:12 a.m. | edited Oct 25 '13, 3:13 a.m.

The only example I have on my blog is this one: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/11/01/restrict-delivery-of-changesets-to-workitem-types-advisordelivery-of-changesets-associated-to-wrong-work-item-types-advisor/ it is for SCM delivery, but it should provide you with all the links you need. Especially

Advisors

You can find a list of extension points and operation ID’s here in the Jazz Wiki.

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 25 '13, 3:20 a.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.