It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

When I replace a component with it's baseline in Pending Changes tab, what happens to the work items and change sets related to that component?

S Gurugubelli (21710) | asked Apr 11 '13, 11:25 a.m.
edited Aug 02 '16, 12:44 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
 Hi,

I want to replace a component with it's baseline in order to get rid of a delivered change set. Actually I want to split a change set, but found out that it's not supported. 
(We have started migrating to RTC 4.0 and I have only couple of change sets for this component that is being replaced)

I am not sure how 'Replace with baseline' effects COMPONENT work items and change sets. 

When I replace a component with it's baseline in Pending Changes tab, will it get rid of the work items & change sets related to that component?

I want to start with a clean slate for this component being replaced with baseline (don't want any earlier work items (& change sets)). 

Also, do I need to perform 'Load' once the component is replaced with 'Baseline'.

Thanks for you help!
Sekhar

Accepted answer

permanent link
Josh Crawford (984615) | answered Apr 11 '13, 2:40 p.m.
Replacing the baseline of the component on the stream or workspace will not remove any information from the work item or changesets in that component.  This will all remain in history and the work items you associated with those changesets will still show links. 

If you would like to start fresh it sounds as though it may be best to create a new component in that project area and move the original component and work items to another private PA.

David Lafreniere selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.