It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

extracted file name is corrupt, when I export multiple testcases as zip via RQM 4.0.3

Natsumi Yokoyama (209387101) | asked Oct 18 '13, 5:21 a.m.
edited Oct 18 '13, 5:41 a.m.

Hi,

When I export multiple testcases as zip via RQM 4.0.3, extracted files' name are corrupt. File name contains Japanese character. My environment is Firefox on Japanese Windows7. I use 7zip or Winzip to extract a zip.

• Is this just a matter of how to use unzip tools?
  • How to resolve file name corrupt?

Thank you in advance.

Natsumi

----------------------------

1. select multi test cases and right click -> export 3 testcase as PDF

2. export job is completed without error

3. download zip

4. extract zip via Winzip

5. file name is corrupt

6. file contents are fine (not corrupt)

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Oct 18 '13, 6:55 a.m.
This is a known issue due to JDK limitation.
Not only Japanese but also French etc are also have the similar problem.
See the discussion in https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=68083

The workaround is to set the "ID only filenames in batch export jobs" property in qm/admin > application > advanced properties to True so that you can get an ID of testcase instead of the title in the zipped batch file. The change will only affect on batch file.

Don
Natsumi Yokoyama selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Natsumi Yokoyama commented Oct 23 '13, 11:30 a.m.

Hi, Don

Thank you for your answer. :-)

I might have found a bug about this feature. When I changed this advanced property, extension name of extracted file became .ZIP. It must be .PDF.

extracted file

What I changed is below.

Don Yang commented Nov 11 '13, 1:56 a.m. | edited Nov 11 '13, 2:22 a.m.

Thanks for the info and I think you are right that this should be a defect. I am escalating to confirm this now.

Don Yang commented Nov 12 '13, 6:32 p.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.