It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Visual Studio plugin and My Dashboard crashes Visual Studio

Patrick Paquette (371219) | asked Oct 17 '13, 2:36 p.m.
 On one of our developers workstations, when the My Dashboard view is present in Visual Studio, it crashes it when not logged in to Jazz.  Subsequent restarts of Visual Studio will crash as the My Dashboard is still part of the initial settings, forcing the user to start Visual Studio with devenv.exe /ResetSettings.

The My Dashboard works when, for example, it's not present, you wait for the login to finish in, say, the "My Pending Changes" view, then subsequently present the My Dashboard View.

Any idea how to work around this other than what I mentioned?  I can't reproduce it on another workstation, it works every time.
v4.0.3

One answer

permanent link
Saikarthik Natesan (461) | answered Oct 18 '13, 5:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Patrick,
    Did you try clearing the dashboard preference file and restarting the Client.
If not, you can try the following.
  1. Close all instances of Visual studio.
  2. Open the “APPDATA” folder in the installed machine.   Typing “cd %APPDATA%”  (or "set APPDATA ") in cmd prompt with provide the folder location.(In my machine the appdata is in C:\Users\saikarthik\AppData\Roaming)
  3. The preference folder is in “APPDATA” \IBM\Rational\Team Concert Visual Studio Client\preferences
  4. In the preference folder, take a backup and delete (or rename) the preference file named "teamdashboard.prefs".
  5. Restart Visual Studio Client.
If it still crashes, can you provide the last entries in the log to check the reason for the crash?

Thanks !

Comments
Patrick Paquette commented Oct 25 '13, 4:25 p.m.

I sent these instructions to my developer, but it still crashes.  He's stopped using the dashboard, and doesn't want to spend any more time on it's investigation.  Thanks for helping though.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.