It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4.0.4 zOS - why doI see preprocessing build steps that have a never completed status?

Donald Poulin (2249119107) | asked Oct 16 '13, 8:34 a.m.
retagged Oct 17 '13, 8:05 a.m. by Steve Dearth (2212)
I am executing a simple dependency build where one small COBOL and one small ASM program are being built. The build appears to finish successfully but I get a warning icon and  the error is that the "Generating file agent operations" has a "never completed" status. I also ran a test of a single COBOL program using a subset ID and that one also appeared to work ok but ended up with a warning icon with the error being "Generating file agent operations" and "Generating macro definitions"  having a "never completed" status.

I also executed a promote components and it also completed with a warning icon with the error being "Generating build file" having a "never completed" status.

We are running zOS 1.13.   Any ideas why the "never completed"?

One answer

permanent link
Steve Dearth (2212) | answered Oct 16 '13, 12:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Donald, 

I'm not sure about the root cause of this one. Please open a PMR or a work item so you can attach logs and let us have a deeper look at the problem.

Comments
Donald Poulin commented Oct 16 '13, 12:22 p.m.

OK - I'll try to go that route. An FYI - we originally started with 4.0.3 for the repository and then upgraded to 4.0.4. To get around the problem for now I followed the instructions in the library doc describing problems and workaround for 4.0.3. I also had to delete the scanning data from the stream - them my build and promote worked without the warnings - at least through one iteration cycle.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.