It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC EE zimport handling of columns 1-6 in copybooks

Alex Akilov (1211724) | asked Dec 04 '15, 5:44 p.m.
 We seem to have an issue related to columns 1-6 in copybooks.  Normally, these columns are used for sequence number in COBOL copybooks but we also have copybooks that we use for ASM modules.  It appears that the zimport process blanks out those first 6 columns which renders our ASM builds non-functional.  Before I open a PMR I was wondering if this sounds familiar and if there is an easy workaround through some configuration option I may not be aware of.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Pascal Fantoni (2111) | answered Dec 09 '15, 9:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Alex, I don't see how the zimport could alter these 6 first characters of each line of the copybook member.
zimport doesn't "interpret" the content of any member during it uploads their content in the scm.
Where do you see that the file is altered: in the SCM after a zimport or on MVS after a zimport + zload?
Could you show us the content of a line of the copybook member (in hexa) and its corresponding content in the scm?
Thanks!
Alex Akilov selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Alex Akilov commented Dec 09 '15, 4:39 p.m.

Pascal, thanks for confirming what I assumed.  It appears that we must have had a glitch during the last zimport attempt and not all of the bytes made it in.  I think the sysprogs must have killed the import task since it was taking too long.  I reimported the truncated files and they seem to be ok now.  However, I can't seem to build the appropriate source code data for them but that's another issue.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.