It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error Unknown type

Bharath Adhithya (5213352) | asked Oct 15 '13, 8:36 a.m.
When user is trying to create a defect work item  using the web UI user gets the following error message "Error :Unknown Type"  The user is trying to link defect with another work item in a different project area. How to resolve/prevent this error as this is encountered many a times?
Please let me know if any further detail required.

Note: Version of RTC being used is : 4.0.0.1 . The issue occurs in IE,Chrome and Firefox.

Thanks,
Adhithya 

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Oct 15 '13, 8:47 a.m.

Hi Bharath,
I am not sure about the steps you are performing. Are your steps following?
1. Click workitems -> new Defect
2. When adding another link to this workitem you get this error message.
Is your case correct?
Can you provide screen shot with error message?
Please also start Firebug and navigate to https://your-server:9443/ccm/web?debug=true and reproduce the issue. What is error message then?

2 answers

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Oct 15 '13, 8:45 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 15 '13, 8:48 a.m.
Hi Bharath,

I would start by
-  verifying if i have deleted any attributes leaving their presentation behind in the editor presentation.
-  Enable more detailed logging by using ?debug=true in the url which reports the errors, JUST BEFORE the # int he URL.
-  start looking at the CCM logs at the time the error was reproduced for any errors
-  last but could be most useful is to use Firebug and look through the Net and Console tabs for the errors and the JSON objects for details..

if you could post the error message as it appears.. it would be easier to suggest the cause.. thanks

permanent link
John Carolan (71616) | answered Oct 15 '13, 8:52 a.m.
Hi Bharath,

Your description looks quite like the following known defect:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=266823

Regards,

John

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.