It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

When does an iteration (sprint) end?

Leons Petrazickis (1568) | asked Oct 09 '13, 10:57 a.m.
My team's project has a release and sprints defined.

Today is October 9. According to the Project landing page, Sprint 1 ended on October 8 (yesterday):

However, work item queries filtered for current iteration return work items in Sprint 1, not Sprint 2 as expected.

I've tried moving all open work items out of Sprint 1 and assigning them to Sprint 2, but current iteration still seems to be Sprint 1.

Is this behaving as intended? Should I open a defect?

How do I force a sprint to end?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Fariz Saracevic (904613) | answered Oct 09 '13, 11:31 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Leons,

This is not intended behavior. Sprints are suppose to automatically update based on dates. I will file a bug on this and hopefully, we can resolve it quickly. 

In the meantime, as temporary solution, you can change sprint 1 end date to Oct. 7th and this will update your sprints.

Thank you for letting us know.
Fariz
Leons Petrazickis selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Leons Petrazickis commented Oct 09 '13, 12:45 p.m.

Thanks Fariz! Could you please comment with the work item number when you open the bug? :-)

Leons Petrazickis commented Oct 10 '13, 10:05 a.m.

I think the bug is an off-by-one error. Sprints end on day n in the timeline and on day n+1 in RTC.

One other answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Oct 09 '13, 12:20 p.m.
edited Oct 09 '13, 12:22 p.m.
Last  I saw , YOU must MANUALLY change the 'current iteration' pointer in the project configuration. it will NOT update on its own.

also, there is no formal 'switch' in RTC that indicates end of sprint. It ends when the date says it ends.
'Current' has nothing to do with the state of the sprint.

Comments
Fariz Saracevic commented Oct 09 '13, 12:44 p.m. | edited Oct 09 '13, 12:45 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Sam,

I believe you are referring to RTC. Leons is using JazHub which has a few nice upgrades like this one. :) 

Leons Petrazickis commented Oct 09 '13, 12:44 p.m.

Yikes. Manually changing project config is a bad solution for us, as the current project owner is unavailable and Jazzhub hasn't implemented features to promote other project members.

sam detweiler commented Oct 09 '13, 12:51 p.m.

missed the jazzhub difference.. not using.

Sterling Ferguson-II commented Oct 11 '13, 10:42 a.m.

Is the automated switch feature coming to RTC? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.