It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I list summary of changes in a delivery?

Andy Jewell (24236174) | asked Oct 08 '13, 2:45 p.m.
retagged Dec 02 '13, 3:03 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
 Hi. . . I want to start a build process based on changes in the last delivery (or possibly changes delivered since an arbitrary date).  Since this will be a command line build process, can anyone suggest how I would get this information from SCM commands?  Ideally, I would want a list of delivered changesets changes that I could then look up for more information on the changes (such as code comments, change author, dates, etc).

While I'm familiar with the scm list changes and list changeset command, I'm not sure how to go about finding the specific subset of changes I'm interested in -- namely, the changes that were just delivered (and which presumably started the build process).  I'm really after the mythical command, scm list deliveries. . . :)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

- Andy

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Oct 09 '13, 6:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Andy,
I'm not sure if it's possible to do exactly what you're looking for, but I found this forum post that describes the compare command to find the new changes since a baseline: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/91939/list-change-sets-that-will-be-included-in-next-baseline.  Perhaps the compare command can also be used in the way you want it to.
Andy Jewell selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andy Jewell commented Oct 09 '13, 10:42 a.m.

That sounds like a pretty good possibility!  Thanks, I'll give it a try and will post back. 

Andy Jewell commented Oct 15 '13, 8:08 p.m.

Found a couple additional articles that were helpful: 

Also, by using the -j option to generate JSON, this should be a pretty functional approach.

Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.