It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a preference to automatically ignore derived content?

Matthew Gritter (1311) | asked Jul 25 '16, 9:26 a.m.
edited Jul 25 '16, 1:21 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Greetings,

I have Rational Team Concert 5.0.2 installed via p2 in an instance of Eclipse Neon.  I am using Maven projects which result in "target" folders in each project to store the build results that are automatically marked as derived.  I don't want to check in the build results into my stream and can work-around it by adding the global "target" exclusion.  Just wondering if there is some preference that I am missing to automatically ignore derived resources?

I see the same behavior for non-Maven projects as well.  When I share the project to a component in the stream, the derived resources are included in the change set.

Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Jul 25 '16, 1:23 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 25 '16, 1:25 p.m.
There is no feature that allows you to automatically ignore resources, an ignore file would have to be created manually for this (or find some way to customize where the generated resources get created, and have them created somewhere outside of the Jazz Sandbox, or outside of a shared folder to be specific).
Please feel free to open an enhancement request however.
Matthew Gritter selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.