It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does SSO automatically get setup when using Websphere ND?

Michael Walker (99215201157) | asked Oct 07 '13, 6:32 p.m.
I setup WAS ND and installed JTS on one server and CCM/RQM on another server.  After going through the jts/setup, connecting users, creating project areas,etc. I logged into JTS and then selected an RQM Project on a separate server, fully expecting to have to login again.  But I didn't have to.

When I looked at the SSO settings in WAS ND it was already enabled.  I never enabled this or exported the LTPA keys. 

So now I'm wondering if WAS ND automatically sets up SSO when you define App Servers on multiple machines. Is this true?  I searched but couldn't find any confirmation on this.

When I used standard WAS and installed it on separate servers I had to go through the steps manually to setup SSO.

Comments
Michael Walker commented Oct 08 '13, 1:06 p.m.

bump bump bump

One answer

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Oct 10 '13, 9:59 a.m.
In ND, it uses a centralized system for managing certificates.    This is why there is no need to copy the certs like was done in stand alone WebSphere.  however ND manages SSO by domains, so if the same domain is being used, there should not be a need for additional configuration to get SSO enabled.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.