It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Approving time spent on work items

Milan Krivic (98010172140) | asked Oct 03 '13, 9:32 a.m.

Is there possible to create approvement on work items regarding the time spent entering?

What I should actually need is next:

Every time on entering (or changing) time spent, I would like that work item can be saved only if specific process role (or person) approve that time spent change.

Is that possible to do with JavaScript?

Thanks,
Milan

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 07 '13, 2:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Milan,

no, this is, as far as I can tell not possible with JavaScript. The reason is, that approvals are linked objects and the JavaScript API so far, foes not provide access to them. You would have to create a Java based extension. An advisor would be the best approach.

How is this supposed to be working? There is no way to have a temporary value for time spent. So the user wants to enter a value but needs an approval? For various reasons I think this is a bad design. I would suggest to tie something like this to a state change for example. In addition,process wise, I am asking myself how the approver should e able to know the time the developer spent? What is the added value of this requirement?

permanent link
Milan Krivic (98010172140) | answered Oct 09 '13, 9:12 a.m.
 Hi Ralph,

so the process is supposed to work on next way: when user want to enter time spent, project lead must approve that hours in some way. 
But I assume that built-in approvements in work items are not supposed to do this. We are figuring another way to do this by adding extra custom attribute on work item. 
So, regarding to this, I have another question: like I can set read only attribute for example on entering time spent when due date has passed, I am wondering, can I set read only options on timesheets on work item?
For example, I would like to prevent editing timesheet work weeks with past date.
Is that possible to do on some way in JavaScript?

Thanks,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.