It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Possible to move timelines?

S S (141418) | asked Oct 02 '13, 9:57 a.m.
edited Oct 02 '13, 10:01 a.m.
 I know it's possible to move the position of iterations within a timeline, but I'm curious to see if timelines themselves can be moved position wise.

Before:

Timeline 1
Timeline 2
Timeline 3

After:

Timeline 1
Timeline 3
Timeline 2

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 02 '13, 10:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The only control you currently have over the order in which the timelines are displayed in the GUI is that the timeline you select as the Project Timeline is always first.   Is there some reason you care about the order in which they are displayed, or were you just wondering?
S S selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
S S commented Oct 02 '13, 10:27 a.m.

It's not a big deal if they can't be moved. I was just asking from a convenience stand point. It would be a lot easier to order timelines as needed since it would make it easier to find specific ones.

One other answer

permanent link
Zeeshan Choudhry (6541612) | answered Oct 02 '13, 10:14 a.m.
You can use the move operation. Select the iteration. Select move , Select the target is new parent and select the same parent as before. Click ok. The iteration will be moved to the top of the list.

Comments
S S commented Oct 02 '13, 10:19 a.m. | edited Oct 02 '13, 10:19 a.m.

Thanks for the reply, Zeeshan. I know iterations can be moved, but can the timelines that contain those iterations be moved? The move feature doesn't work for timelines. If I have a timeline that started on 9/30/13 can I move that to a position on the list before a timeline that started in 4/22/13? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.