It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Sorting data in a Jazz Data Set for a BIRT report..

O. Frank Allen (16113) | asked Feb 10 '09, 10:03 a.m.
Is there a away to sort data in a jazz dataset before a BIRT report is built from that data set. For Example: I would like to see the returned data set sorted by a Date/timestamp.
If this is not possible in the current version of RTC/Jazz can this feature be included in a future version?
Thanks in advance... O. Frank

3 answers

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k34348) | answered Nov 17 '10, 3:34 a.m.
Is there a away to sort data in a jazz dataset before a BIRT report is built from that data set. For Example: I would like to see the returned data set sorted by a Date/timestamp.
If this is not possible in the current version of RTC/Jazz can this feature be included in a future version?

Hey Frank - you can sort in bits by using this script on your datasets beforeOpen script:
queryString = this.queryText;
queryString = queryString +
" order by " +

reportContext.getParameterValue("WI_ID") +
" " +
reportContext.getParameterValue("asc");
this.queryText = queryString ;

or you can click the table in your layout and then click the sorting tab in the properties editor to sort the final result.

permanent link
Eduardo Bello (4401922) | answered Jan 05 '11, 12:04 p.m.
I tried to modify this.queryText, but it seems do not affect the report what so ever.

Hey Frank - you can sort in bits by using this script on your datasets beforeOpen script:
queryString = this.queryText;
queryString = queryString +
" order by " +

reportContext.getParameterValue("WI_ID") +
" " +
reportContext.getParameterValue("asc");
this.queryText = queryString ;

or you can click the table in your layout and then click the sorting tab in the properties editor to sort the final result.

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Jan 05 '11, 4:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The Jazz Data Source does not support sorting. You would have to do the sort the data after fetching it.

The solution proposed above may only work for a JDBC Data Source that uses SQL.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.