It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Replicate a MTM for an Client

Shay Bogomoltz (623) | asked Sep 27 '13, 1:23 p.m.
I am trying to create a replica of the MTM (JKE) Sample in order to adapt it to the client's process configuration for user training purposes.

My strategy basically is:
st Plans
1) to export the LPA template from the production environment with Artifacts, Work Items, Test Plans. Those are already modified to adhere to the client's process;

2) to deploy at a sandbox server a clean CLM deployment (RRC, RTC and RQM)

3) to import those templates into my local environment;

4) to make several copies of the lifecycle project based on the number of people being trained (each person will use a full set of CLM Project Areas);

The problem is: when using the REST API to copy project areas, the artifacts in different project areas (RRC, RTC and RQM) lose their links.

So, is there a way to copy a lifecycle project with their underlying project areas while still maintaining their links? This seems to be the case in the JKE sample project.

One answer

permanent link
David Murray (11612) | answered Sep 27 '13, 7:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is not a supported feature. Your best bet may be to file an enhancement request.

The creation of LPA involves more than copying artifacts and their links from a template. Rather, each application implements a service that is responsible for creating the MTM artifacts and then linking them.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.