It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I install the V4.0 Money That Matters sample after the V3.0.1 to V4.0 upgrade?

Francis Kemp (7213044) | asked Sep 26 '12, 9:44 p.m.
retagged Sep 27 '12, 2:02 p.m. by Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718)

Just upgraded our server to CLM V4.0.   I'd like to get the V4.0 version of the Money That Matters sample application on the assumption that it contains the new V4.0 features.

If I install MTM again, does the existing project get upgraded or do I need to archive the old MTM project and install again?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Fariz Saracevic (919613) | answered Sep 26 '12, 10:33 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 27 '12, 1:18 p.m.
Hi Francis,
When you upgrade to CLM v4.0, your MtM 2011 project should work fine but you will not be able to take advantage of a number of enhancements implemented in the MtM 2012 sample project. Therefore, you will need to install new MtM version and process you suggested is correct. You need to archive the old MtM project, rename it and then install MtM 2012.
In the near future, you will be able to create multiple MtM projects on the same server and this will not be an issue.

Thank you.
Fariz Saracevic
Follow me on twitter, blog or LinkedIn
Francis Kemp selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Bo Chulindra commented Sep 27 '12, 12:51 p.m. | edited Sep 27 '12, 12:52 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Is it okay just to archive, or do the old MtM project names also have to be changed?

For example, will the old project names conflict with the new ones?

David Murray commented Sep 27 '12, 1:30 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

To create the MtM sample a second time, the old MtM project areas must be renamed. Archiving them is optional.

Starting in version 4.0.1, you will be able to modify the names of the MtM project areas that are to be created, which will allow you to deploy the sample more than once. See LPA MtM sample creation: allow to change the projects name (210769) for details.

Sterling Ferguson-II commented Sep 27 '12, 11:42 p.m.

This sounds like a great enhancement for 401...

Can't wait for you to allow us a chance to create a sample for OpenUp or Formal Process Management...(hint)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.