It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Migrate RQM 2.0 artifacts to RQM 4.0 while preserving links

Michael Bunnell (6821819) | asked Sep 14 '13, 12:06 a.m.
I've seen a few posts about moving artifacts between different versions but wanted to see if someone has come up with a manual solution.  We have two different environments, a 2.0.x environment and a newer 4.0.1 environment.  I'd like to know if someone has used a combination of utilities RQMURL, RQMCopy, RQMExporterExcel (I understand the names may not be correct).  While I understand there isn't a straightforward solution, has anyone successfully been able to move artifacts using a combination of utilities / scripting to move the artifacts while still mainlining the links between artifacts (Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts)?  It is ok if the history or snapshots do not come over, but we need to maintain the relationships. 

My thoughts would be to export the artifacts, run some scripts to update the server URL, and then import the artifacts to the new server.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you

Mike

One answer

permanent link
Yi Dai (1111) | answered Sep 17 '13, 4:01 a.m.
The data model is different between RQM 2.0.x and 4.0.1, It means some attributes changed from 2.0 to 4.0. So we can't migrate RQM 2.0 artifacts to RQM 4.0 directly. We can only update RQM step by step from 2.0 to 3.0 to 4.0 flow the instruction in inforcenter.

Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.