It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

widget queries entries does not show up by default in personal dashboard ?

Ivy Ho (4711419) | asked Aug 27 '13, 3:15 p.m.
I created a personal dashboard .
In my main project dashboard, there is a tab and I link it to my personal dashboard.

Main Project dashboard  Tab
In my main project tab, I added a widget which query SVT defects.
The defect query results  automatically show up in the widget

Personal dashboard Tab
Then in my personal dashboard, I also include the exact same query  for SVT defects.
However, the defect query results will not show up automatically.
I have to manually click on header link , then a new window will launch and the query results will show up.

How can I get the query result to show up automatically just the same as that in main project dashboard?

Please see attached screen shot.
the maindashboard.gif show that  under the SVT tab of the main project dashboard,
I have my personal dashboard and the SVT defect query.-Q1
The query results show up automatically.

The dashboard question.gif -- shows my personal dashboard.
Inside there under tab SVT4X, I also have SVT query (same query I used in main dashboard Q1).
But the query result did not show up by default?

What I did to do is to click on the SVT defect for X and then a new window will be launched and the query results will be displayed.
But I would like the query results to be dsplayed automatically in the same view - just the same way as the main project  dashboard widget SVT query.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2 answers

permanent link
Marek Siekierski (817510) | answered Aug 30 '13, 10:53 a.m.
 Hi Ivy,

I'm not sure if I'm missing something here in my understanding.. It looks to me like in both of your screenshots that the query results are displayed for the SVT Defects query. I used a simple Worik Items widget in both my personal dashboard and Project Area dashboard and both displayed the query results with no issue upon loading the dashboard.

Comments
Ivy Ho commented Aug 30 '13, 11:10 a.m.
 Hi Marek: Thanks for helping out.
If I invoke my personal dashboard directly (e,g https://jazz103.hursley.ibm.com:9443/jts/dashboards/677/tab_2  from browser), the query will automatically be loaded as expected.

However, in this particular scenario, my personal dashboard is nested under one of the tab inside the main project dashboard, then the query will not be loaded automatically. So the URL in the browser will be UL of the main prioject

I wonder if something is being blocked. by the browser.

permanent link
Ivy Ho (4711419) | answered Aug 30 '13, 11:13 a.m.
Actually, I found it is interesting, It actually works with the chrome browser but not firefox.
I think this may be due to the browser .

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.