It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to Check in using Visual Studio 2008

Peter Maciver (611) | asked Jan 23 '09, 6:21 a.m.
Hi there,

I am using Visual Studio, and am experiencing difficulty with the checkin process.

I can do the following:
Load files into my workspace
view the Workitems
view the repository files

When I edit a file, save etc. and select it in the Solution Explorer, the "Checkin" menu option is greyed out.

Noting the "Pending Changes" tab is always empty..

My environment details are as follows:
Visual Studio 2008
Plugin : RTC-VisualStudio-I20081205-1832.msi
Clearcase back end
We have an Eclipse environment working

I would appreciate it if you can shed any light on this.

regards

pmi

2 answers

permanent link
Christophe Cornu (47123) | answered Jan 24 '09, 10:59 p.m.
Hi:

Did you share your Visual Studio solution / project(s)?
Please open a work item (Visual Studio Client) and if possible include a screenshot of your solution explorer, windows explorer showing your solution folder on disk, and team artifacts tab (to see the connection status, project area and 'My Workspaces' nodes). These screenshots will be helpful in understanding the state you are in.
An empty pending changes tab indicates you have no solution shared and no workspace loaded (or that something else is wrong of course). Feel free to reply with the work item number so people can benefit from this in the future and visit it to see how it was resolved.

Regards,
Chrix

permanent link
Peter Maciver (611) | answered Jan 27 '09, 4:44 a.m.
hi there,

I've raised Defect 68966, and added the screenshots as requested.

regards

pmi

Hi:

Did you share your Visual Studio solution / project(s)?
Please open a work item (Visual Studio Client) and if possible include a screenshot of your solution explorer, windows explorer showing your solution folder on disk, and team artifacts tab (to see the connection status, project area and 'My Workspaces' nodes). These screenshots will be helpful in understanding the state you are in.
An empty pending changes tab indicates you have no solution shared and no workspace loaded (or that something else is wrong of course). Feel free to reply with the work item number so people can benefit from this in the future and visit it to see how it was resolved.

Regards,
Chrix

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.