It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What would the equivalent of a label be in RTC?

Abe Roba (1012332) | asked Aug 21 '13, 1:21 p.m.
What would the equivalent of a label be in RTC?

Comments
suresh ramayanam commented Jan 02 '14, 12:34 p.m. | edited Jan 02 '14, 1:04 p.m.

Can I fetch the files based on the label name ?

Also I'm not able to find the code in Jazz in Flight project , please give me the complete path ?

thanks in advance

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jan 02 '14, 1:08 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You "retrieve" files by loading a repository workspace into a sandbox.   To load files based on a snapshot, you would use the "replace" operation to set the configuration of the workspace to be that snapshot.

For the Jazz in Flight Project: https://hub.jazz.net/project/rschoon/Jazz%20In%20Flight

3 answers

permanent link
Jeff Care (1.0k3833) | answered Aug 21 '13, 1:25 p.m.
Not knowing what a label is in your context it's difficult to answer with certainty, but I'm guessing you're talking about labeling a group of source files with a meaningful name?

If so, then the equivalent would be either a baseline or a snapshot (which is a set of baselines).

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 21 '13, 8:46 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If it is a locked label, then it would be an RTC baseline or snapshot, as Jeff indicated.
If it is an unlocked label, then it would be an RTC stream or baseline.

permanent link
Takehiko Amano (1.3k3741) | answered Aug 21 '13, 9:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
One more suggestion in addition to the comment by Jeff and Geoffrey, I'm assuming "label" means a meta-data attached to versions under source control.

RTC source control has a mechanism called "user properties". This can be shown via "Select File" -> Properties (ALT-Enter) .

User Properties

Unfortunately, "user properties"  can not be searched by SCM search. I created an sample code to display user properties. This can be obtained from JazzHub - "Jazz In Flight" project.

https://hub.jazz.net/project/rschoon/Jazz%20In%20Flight

Hope this helps !

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.