It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM to xml to Excel -- suggestions, please?

Patty Yost (2143) | asked Aug 21 '13, 9:49 a.m.
I need to export several hundred RQM test scripts to Excel.  I've tried using the RQMUrlUtility to export the test scripts to xml, and then import the xml file into Excel, but the results are really ugly and require major manipulation to get something readable by a tester.  If anyone has had success with this process, can you please share your suggestions?

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Aug 21 '13, 10:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Patty,

I assume when you say you want to export Test Scripts to Excel your expectations are to see the contents of the Test Scripts (i.e. each individual step) not just the basic information (Title, State, Owner….etc). In version 4.x there is an option to Download to spreadsheet, but this will not give you the individual steps.

Other people may chime in here, but other than using the REST API (via the URL utility, CURL or any other HTTP client) I don’t see another way to accomplish this

Ara

Comments
Patty Yost commented Aug 22 '13, 9:08 a.m.

Thanks, Ara!  Yes, I do want to export the individual steps of the test scripts.  I've used the URL utility to export scripts to xml, but I haven't found a good way to get the xml into Excel in a useful format. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.