It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is the sandbox locked when using command "lscm.bat list property"?

marco Kaiser (2311313) | asked Aug 21 '13, 3:52 a.m.
Hello,

I've the following environment:
jazz 4.0.3
RTC Eclipse Client 4.0.3

I'll have to check some files for their properties. I'm using the following command in the windows command prompt (cmd) to list the properties of a file:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\TeamConcert\scmtools\eclipse\lscm.bat" list property "C:\...\sandbox\Test" -r http://../ccm -u (userid) -P (password) -j

("Test" is the file)

The first execution works just fine, I'll get the result. But the second execution doesn't work, I'll get the following error:
At least one Sandbox is locked by an other process
  C:\...\sandbox
Problem running 'property list':
The Sandboxes could not be registered.
When I close the command prompt and start it again, it works just fine. But I'll have to check the properties of some more files. Why is the sandbox still locked after execution of the lscm.bat?

I'm looking forward for your answers!

Kind Regards

Marco

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.3k27) | answered Aug 21 '13, 5:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 21 '13, 5:05 a.m.
There is an issue with lscm when sandbox related operations are run outside of the sandbox (this does not affect remote operations). Most of the commands that operate on the sandbox has a -d/--directory option to specify the sandbox location but 'lscm list property' does not have it.

So to resolve this issue you will have to run lscm from within the sandbox. The following command should work within the sandbox...

C:\...\sandbox> C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\TeamConcert\scmtools\eclipse\lscm.bat" list property "Test" -r http://../ccm -u (userid) -P (password) -j

By the way, if you have cached your credentials you do not have to specify -u & -P options for every command. You can also specify a nickname for the repository uri when you login so that you do not have to type the entire repository uri.
marco Kaiser selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.