It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Disabling email notification from variables in the customized email message file on asset state changes

Sripriya Karimpuzhasriram (134752) | asked Aug 16 '13, 8:05 a.m.

Hello team,

We are using RAM 7.5.0.2 and have a question around email notification. We have a customized email message file that uses a combination of combination of variables and properties.

Everytime, an asset is changed from A to state B, an email is triggered from the variable: email_subject_asset_state_change=[Lifecycle] {0} \u200e[{1}] has been moved to the {2} state

We would like to use the "Send Email policy" to send out the email notifications on state changes instead of the notification from the email message file.

So we commented this line with #(as shown below) in the mailMessages_en.properties file as

#email_subject_asset_state_change=[Lifecycle] {0} \u200e[{1}] has been moved to the {2} state.

However even after we do that, an email is getting triggered when an asset moves from one state to another with the body of the email as shown in the screenshot below.

!email_body_lifecycle_state_ change!

© IBM Corporation 2007, 2010.

Can you please let us know if we are doing something wrong?
Thanks!
Regards,
Sripriya

2 answers

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Aug 16 '13, 9:35 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You are not doing anything wrong. Commenting out the line simply tells RAM to use the default one that it has. Those fields are just replacement variables to be plugged into the message. They don't stop the message from being sent.

Why do you want to use the policy instead of customizing the email to be what you want sent instead?

Comments
Sripriya Karimpuzhasriram commented Aug 16 '13, 9:54 a.m.

Thanks Rich for the reply.
The customized email message is sent when an asset leaves a state. Our stakeholders want email notifications to be sent out only when an asset enters a state (which we configure using Send Email policy upon Entrance to State). They DONT want to be notified when an asset leaves the state. 

permanent link
Arjun Pande (3714) | answered Sep 16 '13, 9:23 a.m.

Hi I want to customize my subject line of the email. I am using RTC(Rational Team Concert) 4.0.3.

I want to display the state of the particular work Item in the subject line.

Can you please help.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Sep 16 '13, 9:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please open a new topic, since this is a Rational Asset Manager topic as you can see in the tagging.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.