It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Dashboard viewlet configuration - Build Definition empty

Brian Peacock (213) | asked Jan 20 '09, 11:21 a.m.
I'm trying to add viewlets to my Dashboard ... most of which I can configure and they give me what I want, but a few of them wont offer the right options for me to configure them.

For example, the Frequent Test Failures gives me the list of builds in Build Definition and I can create a viewlet with a graph for the build I am interested in. But, Number Of Tests doesn't contain anything in the Build Definition list.

Junit Test Failures is the same in that Build Definition only contains and thus I can't select anything.

If I go to the Reports tab I can see Frequent Test Failures listed under Shared Reports->Build and thus I assume this means the Data Warehouse Snapshot has been defined correctly for this report and thus the viewlet will work.

But Shared Reports doesn't contain anything that looks like Number of Tests. Does this mean that I have to change the Data Warehouse and if so, how do I do this ?

I've logged on to a completely different Jazz system (in a different department on a different continent) and the Number of Tests viewlet doesnt work there either.

(There is a similar post earlier in this forum but there was no positive result listed - I did look :-) )

3 answers

permanent link
Stephen Johnston (1111) | answered Jan 20 '09, 11:25 a.m.
I'm seeing exactly the same here with the Number of Tests report. Regardless of what I set under Scope, it only gives All under Team Area, under Build Definition and All under components. There is never any data displayed, or any options available in the dropdowns.

When I look in the build results, I have all the data there using the JUnit output as I'd expect. I just can't get anywhere with the report.

A number of other reports looking for the same info work fine.

permanent link
Rick Janda (26) | answered Feb 25 '09, 5:08 a.m.
I have the same problem with several JUnit related reports (Micro JUnit failures, Micro JUnit tests) and even viewlets (JUnit Test failures) in the dashboard. The Team Areas parameter list remains always empty thus I can not select a Team area and also do not get any Build Definition for selection.

On the other hand, the Build Health report and also the viewlet works as expected. I get my team areas listet, and than can select the build definition.

Looks like a bug in the according reports and viewlets to me.

Regards, Rick

permanent link
Mike Pawlowski (6861) | answered Feb 25 '09, 1:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi All,

We are tracking discussion of this issue in this forum topic:
https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=12803#12803
I have responded there.

I'm pretty sure the problem isn't related to the viewlet per se; but, perhaps, a Reports configuration issue or some other back-end bug. I'm going to try to get someone from the Reports team to comment.

Thanks,

Mike

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.