It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can you find the project template that an RM project uses?

Antoinette Iacobo (650712) | asked Aug 12 '13, 12:29 p.m.
 When I go to Admin. > Manage Project Properties > Templates, I see a list of all of them and can't tell which one the project is built on.  I also can't find it on Admin. > Manage this Project Area

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Aug 12 '13, 1:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't think that RRC tracks which project template was used at project area creation time.
Antoinette Iacobo selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Antoinette Iacobo commented Aug 12 '13, 2:52 p.m.

This was disappointing.  My end goal was to import to my environment another project's custom artifacts and attribute types.  I found a work around to create a copy of the project template and create an archive for reuse.  
Thanks for confirming there isn't anything in the UI to help me out. 

2 other answers

permanent link
Chris Goldthorpe (4287) | answered Aug 12 '13, 2:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 You can find out which process template was used to create a project area by using Admin -> Manage this Project Area and looking at the Process section.

Comments
Antoinette Iacobo commented Aug 12 '13, 2:16 p.m.

Thanks, but I'm not looking for the process template.  

Bas Bekker commented Aug 12 '13, 2:24 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Right, but like Antoinette says, it's the project template she is looking for.
Besides there is only one process template for RRC, which has no relation with the project template used.

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Aug 20 '13, 10:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
FYI: There is a help topic I often use to compare the different methods of exchanging requirement information

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/c_compose_reqs.html&scope=null

It includes a descriptions (and restrictions) of each method, for example Project Templates, Req IF, Project Properties Import, and CSV.

Now if you are on the same repository, instead of using a project template you could have used import of the project properties, if you did not want any of the artifacts.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.