It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Need for a RTC Template library ?

John Kelly (1231715) | asked Jan 19 '09, 10:26 a.m.
Having discussed RTC initial user experience with several colleagues, there seems to be a common thread - process customization. Everyone likes the ability of the tool to be customized - and everyone has to do it, because the provided templates rarely do exactly what you want.

I see parallels here between RTC and the popular Joomla! CMS (Content Management System).

Both RTC and Joomla! provided a flexible framework and both have just a few templates provided with the basic installation.

The Joomla! community has done a great job at providing numerous examples of well-documented templates for every occasion, whereas this has yet to be developed by the RTC community (as far as i can tell, anyway). The basic templates provided are poorly documented and it's difficult to compare features of each template.

I myself started by creating a project, based on the 'scrum' template, but after finally wandering around the other templates I came across the "plan item" workitem inside the 'eclipse way'. With it's associated workflow, I think this would be a useful addition to my process management arsenal (so i'll probably be cloning it).

Wouldn't it be nice if we had a way of collecting, comparing and contrasting process templates, like they do in the Joomla! community ?

...or does this exist already ?

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.