It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Regarding importing existing MS project plan into RTC

Monika Gupta (15279) | asked Aug 07 '13, 8:11 a.m.

I have a requirement where I need to upload an already running project's data/progress into RTC. Please tell me how to address this requirement.

also  I need to know if I can set the start date of the tasks to the date in past while taking snapshot or importing the project plan.

Please provide inputs if anyone came across such a situation and how they handled it.

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Aug 08 '13, 11:51 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
We do support importing MS project plans into RTC. See the following Information Center article for information on completing this task:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.apt.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_import_and_export_projects.html

Comments
Monika Gupta commented Aug 09 '13, 5:40 a.m.

I know this and have been using this feature. My requirement is to upload an already running project's progress/data. If I upload the plan, it calculates the planned start etc. from the day I take snap shot, I want to give the start date as the date in past. 

Please let me know how this can be done? I tried applying some constraints as well, but still planned dates are with respect to the current date. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.