It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQMv4.0.2 Is it possible to show Test Case Categories and Attributes in Test Case Execution Record View

Li Chen (11923742) | asked Aug 02 '13, 1:36 p.m.

Similarly to show Test Suite Categories amd Attributes in Test Suite Execution View.

The reason we need this is because we categorize test cases by categories and attributes for the purpose of grouping and sorting, and we want to retrieve their corresponding Execution Records by the same categories/attributes.

2 answers

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Aug 02 '13, 4:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Li,

Are you looking at the Test Case Execution Record section of a Test Case and trying to add a column in the view to display categories?  When you select the "Change Column Display Settings" button in the view you will get the list of available columns.  If it is not listed, you will not be able to display it. 

Comments
Li Chen commented Aug 02 '13, 6:29 p.m.

Thanks Erica,

If I am already in one Test Case and I am already in the TCER section, I will not need to search for this test case or its TCERs.

My question is in the view of TCERs, when we browse TCERs, I need to search the TCERs for certain Test Cases. If the categories of Test Cases are not shown, it is hard for me to find the TCERs for certain Test Cases.

permanent link
Rajat Singh (59833545) | answered Aug 04 '13, 6:14 a.m.
In Browse Test Case Execution Records view, group the execution records by Test Cases.
This will provide you all the test cases with its corresponding execution records:

Hope this helps!!

Best Regards
Rajat

Comments
Li Chen commented Aug 04 '13, 8:44 a.m.

Thanks Rajat, that groups all TCERS by Test Case.

Let's assume that

1. we have 100 test cases, are linked to different Test Plans with different Environment.

2. 30 of them have "Functional" as value for "Test Phase" Category, 70 of them "End To End".

3. 45 of them have "Web Store" as value for "Application" Category, 55 "Payment Middleware"

In the TCER view, is there a way to show only the TCERs where their corresponding Test Cases have category value "Functional"? "End To End"? "Web Store"? "Payment Middleware"? and combinations of them?

Li Chen commented Aug 08 '13, 8:56 a.m.

OK, I will open an enhancement.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.