It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I change when the daily snapshot occurs?

Paul Sims (31513421) | asked Jan 14 '09, 2:01 p.m.
We have Scrum teams in three cities, separated by 13 time zones. Our common server runs in GMT-5:00, and we have teams in India (GMT+5:30) and China (GMT+8:00) too.

I'd like to change when the daily snapshot occurs from 12:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. so that work done by team members in India and China isn't split between two days in their burndown chart, and so that on the final day of each sprint, we capture the last data point on the burndown chart.

I know I can change the frequency of the snapshot in the server's advanced properties, but I don't see a way to set the time the snapshot is taken. Am I overlooking something? Perhaps there's a configuration file I can edit.

Paul Sims
IBM WebSphere Commerce

5 answers

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Jan 15 '09, 2:12 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The latest Burndown chart (Team Server 1.0.1) adds a last live data point. So you do not need to run the snapshot to get an up to date report.
Make sure sure you are using Team Server 1.0.1. You will also need to upload to the server the latest Burndown Report template from your RTC 1.0.1 client.

permanent link
Paul Sims (31513421) | answered Jan 15 '09, 4:27 p.m.
Thanks for your reply. That covers the last data point in the sprint, but doesn't solve the problem I have because my development team is distributed. I still want to capture the snapshot at 8:00 p.m. EST instead of 12:00 a.m.

I'm debating moving the server's clock ahead by four hours, but not sure what the side effects will be. If all workload and progress calculations occur on the server side, moving the clock ahead isn't an option.

Paul Sims
IBM WebSphere Commerce

permanent link
David Olsen (5237) | answered Jan 15 '09, 8:18 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
sims wrote:
I'm debating moving the server's clock ahead by four hours,

Don't change the time on the server. It is important that the server's
clock be accurate. Just tell the server that it is in a different time
zone, four hours to the east.

(This assumes that the snapshot always happens at midnight local server
time and that there is not a way to configure that. I have no idea
whether or not that is true.)

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Jan 15 '09, 8:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can use the admin page advanced properties to change when the snapshots run.
The Datawarehouse component has a property named: Data Warehouse Snapshot Time.

Set the property value to a number between 1 and 24 (hours). This will be the hour at which all snapshots will run. You may need to restart the server.

permanent link
Paul Sims (31513421) | answered Jan 16 '09, 4:29 p.m.
Thank you, I missed that property when I looked through the advanced properties.

Paul Sims
IBM WebSphere Commerce

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.