It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to integrate project areas in quality management?

Paula Izaurralde (6122628) | asked Jul 30 '13, 10:55 a.m.
We've got two products with two quality management project areas) and now we have to test the integration between them.
Is it possible to create a master quality management project area and integrate both product's project areas?
I would like to be able to create a test plan and add test cases from both project areas.
RQM v4.0.2
Database: 11g

4 answers

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Jul 30 '13, 11:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Paula,
Each QM project area (in a single QM application) is an independent entity, you can not associate a Test Plan for QM project A to a Test Case  in QM project area B
However, you can use the QM Copy Utility that will allow you to copy assets from one project area to another 

Comments
Paula Izaurralde commented Jul 30 '13, 11:42 a.m.

Ok, thanks!

permanent link
Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13044) | answered Jul 30 '13, 11:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 hi Paula, I am not sure what do you mean by integrating the project areas - but in terms of RQM,
You could make both the project areas use the same Process Template. i.e., the theme, flow of actions in artifacts will stay the same.

Is that what you are looking at ?

Here you can read more on it : http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/topic/com.ibm.team.concert.tutorial.doc/topics/tut_project_area_sharing_abstract.html

Best Regards, Sunil

permanent link
Paula Izaurralde (6122628) | answered Jul 30 '13, 11:20 a.m.
I need to create a test plan and include test cases from different project areas. Is that possible?

permanent link
Rajat Singh (59833545) | answered Aug 01 '13, 5:14 a.m.
If both the projects are using the same process template, a simple approach would be to use the 'duplicate' option in RQM UI,.
This would give you the option to duplicate the test plan and all its linked test cases to the destination project area.

Hope this helps!!

Best Regards
Rajat

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.